Have an account? Then log in!

Don't have one? Easy, just register~!

We are sure you'll have lots of fun! Guaranteed. Wink

Hope you have Fun on Anime Society Forum.

- Anime Society Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Have an account? Then log in!

Don't have one? Easy, just register~!

We are sure you'll have lots of fun! Guaranteed. Wink

Hope you have Fun on Anime Society Forum.

- Anime Society Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Like us on Facebook
twitter

Review of anime 'Another'

4 posters

Go down

Review of anime 'Another' Empty Review of anime 'Another'

Post by ~messy~ Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 pm

ANOTHER  REVIEW:

‘Another’, was one of the long awaited anime of 2012. The story revolves around the curse of class 3-3 of Yomiyama middle school. A tragic death of a popular student, Misaki , leads to the start of the gruesome phenomena . This continued to haunt the students of class 3-3 even after 26 years.

As a horror-suspense anime by P.A. Works, it lives up to its name in the suspense department. It will keep you glued on till the very end. If you think you can figure out the suspense then you are in for a shock. Another has its moment of blood and gore too. Some of the freak accidents/deaths will give you a rather chilling experience. As for the horror part, things could have been better. There are scenes that might startle you, but the anime as a whole won’t give you sleepless nights. If you are a hardcore horror junkie, then don’t keep your expectations too high.
There are quite a few loop holes in the plot. There are many questions regarding the death of Misaki that are left unanswered. The behavior, memory and death of some of the characters seem to happen for the convenience of the plot. The anime starts of slow but there is information overload in the end. This could have been avoided if the information was neatly put across over the episodes.

The protagonist, Koichi Sakakibara, seems a little lost for the plot. The questions that arises in the viewer’s minds in the beginning itself are only looked into in the later episodes by him.  The female protagonist, Misaki Mei, is portrayed as a mysterious character. The first thing about her that you will notice is her doll-like features and personality. As such there’s no individual changes in their characteristics. Subtle and gradual progress can be noticed between them as classmates and later as friends. There is no full blown romantic development in their relationship, which I am thankful for. That could have made things a bit awkward and hindered the plot.
There are scenes where their past and family backgrounds are covered. Not only it makes things interesting, it also helps us to get a better grasp of their personality.
More screen space could have been given to the other characters, if it wasn’t a 13 episode anime.

The animation is comparatively plain than what you expect form P.A. Works. The background animation is impressive but there wasn’t anything remarkable about the character appearance. It has one of the worst OP I have heard so far. Personally speaking, it’s kind of a turn-off.

There are many aspects about another that left me unsatisfied but the last two episodes made up for it. The sheer insanity dripping from the characters and all the chaos was well displayed. Their desperation to stay alive and the mad chase is enough to give you goose bumps.
 The beginning where two anonymous students are talking about the class’s curse and Sakakibara’s day dreaming were best part in the whole anime.

One thing is for sure, after watching this anime your views regarding umbrellas will change. Forever.

Rating: 8/10

I hope this helped you and since it's my first time writing a review, please go easy on me Smile
~messy~
~messy~
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Review of anime 'Another' Empty Re: Review of anime 'Another'

Post by aMeiry Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:34 am

wow.... suspense! Smile
aMeiry
aMeiry

Back to top Go down

Post by jamerkane34 Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah.... who says umbrellas are not dangerous?
jamerkane34
jamerkane34

Back to top Go down

Post by aMeiry Thu May 01, 2014 7:40 am

haha.. yeah! lol!
aMeiry
aMeiry

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoCat Tue May 06, 2014 12:17 am

I love Another *-* !!! Everytime when i see an umbrella i have to think about that moment in Another ^^"
NekoCat
NekoCat

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Otaku-Family-Hunters/593658677359

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down