Have an account? Then log in!

Don't have one? Easy, just register~!

We are sure you'll have lots of fun! Guaranteed. Wink

Hope you have Fun on Anime Society Forum.

- Anime Society Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Have an account? Then log in!

Don't have one? Easy, just register~!

We are sure you'll have lots of fun! Guaranteed. Wink

Hope you have Fun on Anime Society Forum.

- Anime Society Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Like us on Facebook
twitter

A simple guide to drawing.

2 posters

Go down

A simple guide to drawing. Empty A simple guide to drawing.

Post by Noowt Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 pm

This is technically a guide so it goes in this part of the forum.
This guide does not teach you specifically how to draw but how to understand what you will be drawing.

I'll be typing about the different concept of characters and how one can find an idea on how they plan on creating their own.
I'll start by saying that this is based on my knowledge in the drawing system. I have no quarrels if you guys have your own range of ideas. I'll be glad to take suggestions and edit out any mistakes in this document.
A couple of grammatical/language errors may be contained. Sorry ‘bout that. Just point out anything I missed and I’ll do fix it.

We’ll start off with CHARACTERS.
In a basic sense of development, characters serve the role of being the core of a drawing.
The ideas for different characters depend on your view of things. For example, if you love gardening, you’ll want to design a character with an atmosphere or nature around him or her. Or if you love technology, you character will be kind of like a cyborg or some sort of techie. This kind of appeal applies to different aspects. Another factor to consider would be your feel. It’s hard to draw a happy – go – lucky character if you’re all depressed. Also choose on what your character gender will be. Once you've decided on qualities alone, you can start thinking about their looks. Remember, character looks will heavily reflect their personalities. You can also take inspiration by watching different shows to look up on how you can draw expressions such as anger or sadness. An easier way would be to imitate a design based on an existing character. You can simply change hairstyle or different body sizes. Normally, this would be considered copying to a certain extent but the additions and replacements you add are as original as can be. You thought of them yourself. Changing designs but managing to keep an air of originality is fine.
Now, let us categorize character development depending on how you manage to use different styles.

Anime
-          This is the commonly used character style in the modern world. I’m sure I don’t need to explain much on this genre since it’s very popular these days. Characters usually have big eyes and their expressions are drawn in an exaggerated way. Body parts are still pretty proportional with the exception of moe.
Cartoon
-          Another common drawing genre. You’re exaggerating different character parts to create a goofy feel to your drawings. Body parts don’t exactly have to be in proper proportion.  They don’t have to be so but you get the simple idea.
Realistic
-          You draw people exactly how they look. Follow the pattern of their eyes and body parts are in greatly measured proportions. You know those people who draw figures of naked people and criminals? Yeah, like that.

When your ideas finally meet, you can start a sketch on your character and just fill in the details later. Different styles also come in handy for designing unique characters.
Noowt
Noowt
Ninja

Ninja

Back to top Go down

A simple guide to drawing. Empty Re: A simple guide to drawing.

Post by Elucidator Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 pm

thanks for the guide, but I still cant draw at that level, I can however draw good when I'm simply copying characters...
Elucidator
Elucidator
Hyuuga Clan

Hyuuga Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Noowt Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Copying is fine but is heavily restrictive.
As you copy, you should start adding your own ideas.
Like, poses and just have your own thing.

My advice, don't keep copying. You can start slowly by changing this and that little by little.
Noowt
Noowt
Ninja

Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Elucidator Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Its gonna be a long time...
oh well its a start Smile
Elucidator
Elucidator
Hyuuga Clan

Hyuuga Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down